Dressed casually in lace-up booties, acid-wash boyfriend jeans and a crisp chiffon top, fashion student Sarah described her role in the industry. “I’m a design student at FIT—still learning exactly what I want to do, though I know I want to create women’s wear.” Her studies are grounded in looks she might personally wear. Accessorizing simply with a chunky beaded necklace plus chains and glass accents, the cutouts at her shoulders and layered neutrals contributed to a trendy and casual vibe.
“I have a couple of tattoos,” Sarah intimated, eyes sparkling. “I have one on my lower back that I got very young—my parents were not happy. My mother always called me the wild child,” she continued. She laughed often, and we felt a bubbly, curled look inspired by Scarlett Johansen’s unassuming beauty would complement Sarah’s style.
1. First, I created a side part in Sarah’s hair and blended Keraste Lift Vertige Fixation Gel into the roots for a dense, textured lift.
2. Then, I misted all over with K Keraste Hair Spray. Lightly applying hair spray prior to heat styling gives it great texture for a workable hold.
3. Sarah’s hair was now smooth at the roots, but I wanted bouncy volume at the ends so I blasted air from the blowdryer straight up and tousled.
4. To reduce frizz, I loosely styled with my fingers, then heated a flat iron and began straightening two inch sections from root to tip.
6. Styling away from the face, I flicked the end of Sarah’s hair into curls, a subtler version of Farrah Fawcett’s iconic look. Curling away from the face nicely frames your features!
7. For allover curls, I periodically lifted the upper layer of Sarah’s thick hair to curl underneath, alternating directions until her entire head was styled.
8. Once more, I used the blow drier to spray up from under the hair and tousled for body.
9. Smoothing things back down, I spritzed with Davines Sea Salt Spray and reshaped her curls by hand for a devil-may-care bounce.
10. To finish Sarah’s look with a smooth and brilliant shine, I applied Keraste Gloss Appeal to control flyaways.
Voila! Sarah’s hair was now styled into a lively bob channeling one of Scarlett Johansen’s best curled looks.